DSL’s Business of Life, Life of Business Program …
Includes a Deep Self-Assessment using DSL’s Purpose,
Mission, Values, Objectives as a Model
David Scott Lynn (DSL):
DSL’s Purpose, Mission, Values, Objectives
• Personal Life Purpose
• Business Mission
• CORE Values
• Professional Objectives
• Personal Objectives
It has often been said, if you don’t know where you’re going, that’s where you’ll end up — No Where.
Over the years, I took many workshops, read many books, listened to so many speakers, telling us we needed to define our purpose, our values, our mission and ultimately, our Vision In Life. If we did not, we would not achieve what we wanted in life.
So, as that sounded like great insight and advice, I set out to discover and list my Vision, my Purpose, my Values, and my Mission in life. I expanded it a bit to include a Vocational (professional) Mission, as well as an Avocational (non-professional) Mission.
After a number of years and rewritings, when the same thing showed up repeatedly for a few years and rewrites, I figured I had it down.
So below are presented my own versions of my Vision Of Life, my Purpose for Being Here, my Personal & Social Values for Living Life, and my Professional and non-Professional Missions in Life.
Hopefully, this will give you a better idea of who I am, of what “makes me tick,” what motivates me to do what I do. In turn, you will hopefully have a better idea of whether I’m a person whom can Provide Value for You in YOUR Life.
DSL’s Personal Life Purpose:
To Study, Apply & Teach a Wholistic Philosophy, Psychology & Science of Being Human …
… based on Whole Health Living and Physical, Mental & Relational Yoga — from a Western Perspective, informed by Essential Insights from the East.
The YOGA of MAGA (Make America Great Again)
This applies especially in the areas of:
1. Physical / Mental Yoga, Myo-Structural BodyWork, Medical Massage, Wholistic Medicine / Natural Healing, and Health in General.
2. The Integration of Mindful Feeling & Action, Meditative Awareness, Effective / Reflective Thinking, and Conation (what makes us take action), as well as Global Self-Awareness in General.
3. Politics, Economics & Law from a Wholistic Perspective, including the Philosophical, Historical and Sociological background, especially as applied to Current Events.
4. The Fundamentals of Relationships, including Communication Skills and Emotional Process; with Personal, Interpersonal & Transpersonal Growth in General.
5. What is it to Be a “TransParadigm”* Human Being? Or Spirituality “for the Rest of Us,” including “Yoga for the WEST of Us.”
*Transparadigm: The philosopher, historian and widely published author Ken Wilber and his Integral Institute delve deeply into the ideas of states & stages of human development & progress. I rely in part on several of their concepts, such as the AQAL map and the Spiral of Life, to describe many of the potentials and developments of Being Human.
DSL’s Professional Mission in Life:
1. To Develop, Promote & Teach the Premiere Yoga / BodyWork / Whole Health Therapists & Educators Training Program on Earth (via DSL Edgework).
2. To Provide Continuing Education, group and individual Coaching Programs, & Support, including:
A. Right Livelihood / Right Life
B. Time & Resource / Business & Practice Management
C. Marketing & Communications
3. To promote DSL Edgework to the General Public via writings, Internet, public speaking, marketing, and public relations.
4. If there is time, provide further Training to DSL Edgework students on Whole Health Coaching & Doctor / Patient Interface Consulting.
IF I discover I can fulfill my Personal Purpose, make a living, build my asset value, and secure a retirement program via publishing on the Internet and print media (and possibly public speaking), I will make that (online business) my primary vehicle to teach DSL Edgework. … If there is sufficient demand, I will provide Intensive workshops every two to three months for the most committed students I find on the internet.
To Create the Premiere Online Educational & Live Training System for Practitioners of Yoga/Bodywork/Whole Health Therapeutics & Consulting … Including a Sound Scientific Basis from Medical, Chiropractic, Osteopathic, Neuromuscular, Myofascial & Yogic Perspectives.
• Honesty — Integrity — Compassion — Understanding
• Insightfulness — Deep Knowledge — Philosophy
• Innovation — Timeliness — Detail Driven
The Problem We Solve:
C.E.M.&.N.T. — Excessive, Chronic Muscle & Nerve Tension & Stress … Produces numerous symptoms, conditions & dis-ease processes, producing insufficiently integrated and/or DE-Sensitized body-mind connectivity.
BETTER ANSWERS to the Puzzles of Posture, Pain & Dysfunction …
with a Focus on Prevention & Performance.
GET CONTROL, by LETTING GO … The Client Learns How to Feel, Relax, Lengthen, Balance & Coordinate their Psycho-Neuro-Musculo-Fascial System.
DSL’s UIVO (Unique, Irresistible Value Offer):
By Mastering the Principles & Sciences behind how Postural Yoga Therapy, Myo-Structural Balancing & Yoga-based, Hands-on Bodywork function, you’ll be far more skilled & competent in educating, coaching and helping your Students, Clients and/or Patients in a wide range of their challenges. You will vastly increase your Value & Worth to them.
In each Weekly Lesson, you’ll receive insights you can use IMMEDIATELY in your private or group sessions.
DSL’s Professional Objectives:
To bring Clinical & Medical Massage — and successful outcomes — into far wider usage by far more people.
To Fully Train 144 Students in the DSL Method
WHAT IS DSL EDGEWORK?
Insights, Principles & Techniques of:
- Postural Yoga Practice & Therapy
- Hands-on, Myo-Structural Bodywork
- BIO-Structural Analysis & Balancing
- Postural Evaluation & Strategy
- Tai Chi / Chi Kung-based Movement
- Internal & External Ergonomics
Organizational Purpose Statement
This is the over-arching Trend, Content & Reason for Your Life. This is what keeps you going, and keeps you going on the correct path. It’s what gives your life meaning.
Importance Of Vision Statement In Strategic Management:
In the great & excellent book, 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management, by Hyrum W. Smith *, he stresses the sometimes life-changing importance of how valuable it is to have your Values, Morals & Ethics well established well before you NEED them.
That way, when suddenly confronted with circumstances in life that need to be acted upon immediately, you already KNOW what they are, and what your proper actions should or should not be.
* Book LINK is to Amazon
Importance Of Mission Statement
If you don’t know where you’re going, that’s where you’ll end up!
My Avocation in Life:
To contribute in a significant and positive way to the political, economic, legal, an social discourse in America; primarily via writing, seminars and lectures on the Nature of the Principles of the American Experiment, of the Freedom Philosophy.
If it were to become feasible to achieve my Personal Purpose and Financial Goals via turning this Avocation into my Primary Profession, I would do so. I believe that it is far more critical to the survival of Humanity than the Health Care issues at this time. At the same time, a significant change in this area would, in turn, allow for great and positive changes in the Health Care industry.
Thank You for Visiting and Learning about DSL’s Purpose, Mission, Values, Objectives.
Thanks for Reading,
David Scott Lynn (DSL*)
* DSL: Your Hi-Touch Up-Link to the Inner-Net
Inner-Net: Your Psycho-Neuro-Musculo-Fascial System